Einblick in die Wasserbauhalle © IWD

The Hubert Engels Laboratory

The origins of today's Hubert Engels Laboratory date back to the hydraulic engineering laboratory founded in Dresden by Hubert Engels in 1898, the first permanent river engineering laboratory in the world. Today, the laboratory includes the hydraulic engineering hall put into operation in 2015, the laboratory rooms located in the Beyer building since 1913, and a field testing facility on the Wilde Weißeritz river.

learn more The Hubert Engels Laboratory

Areas of the laboratory

Hochbehälter in der Wasserbauhalle © IWD

On Tour in the Hydraulic Engineering Laboratory of TU Dresden © IWD

Name

Hubert Engels Laboratory