Affiliated Institutes are legally independent institutions which perform together with TU Dresden tasks which cannot be adequately perceived by the TU Dresden alone (s. § 95 SächsHSFG). The intensive cooperation with the TU Dresden is regulated by contractual arrangements with which even the status of an “Affiliated Institutes” of the TU Dresden is awarded.
The duties of the affiliated institutes besides basic and applied subject-related research and development, also includes in-service training, the training of young scientists and knowledge transfer. Objectives of the joint work are the establishment and strengthening of fruitful interactions between the partners, the creation of synergies and the accelerated transfer of research results. The training institutes provide young graduates additional skills and special abilities (adapted to all disciplines) and thus make a significant contribution to increasing the employability of the graduates of the TU Dresden.
- An-Institut Life Science Inkubator Sachsen GmbH & Co. KG (LSI Sachsen)
- Dendro Institute Tharandt at the Dresden University of Technology (DIT)
- Deutsches Institut für Sachunmittelbare Demokratie (DISUD)
- Dresden International University (DIU)
- European Institute for Postgraduate Education at the Dresden University of Technology (EIPOS)
- Hannah Arendt Institute for Totalitarianism Research at the Dresden University of Technology (HAIT)
- Institut für Dopinganalytik und Sportbiochemie Dresden an der TU Dresden (IDAS)
- Institut für Holztechnologie Dresden (IHD)
- IfM Institut für Musikinstrumentenbau e.V. (IfM)
- Institut zur Erforschung und Erschließung der Alten Musik in Dresden e.V. (Musikschätze aus Dresden)
- Nanoelectronics Materials Lab gGmbH (NaMLab)
- Structure and Materials Mechanics Research Institute at the Dresden University of Technology(SWM)